Sunday, May 10, 2009

Shoes, Shoes, and More Shoes

I thought this deserved a post all its own. The day of the wedding was..., lets just say, hectic. S. was the flower girl, and C. was the ringbearer. I had planned to have S.'s hair done by someone who has more hair experience than me, but it just didn't work out. I was going to take her to Wal Mart or Great Clips the morning of the wedding, but those hair places didn't open until 9 AM, and we had to be dressed, ready, and at the church by 10 AM. I was concerned about being rushed, and if I had to wait for any length of time at either hair place, it would have just made things even more stressful, so I nicked that idea. I enlisted the help of my mom, and had asked her to please be at our house at 8:30 AM so she could help me with S.'s hair. I went ahead and started curling it that morning, and as 8:50 approached, Mama had not arrived!! I called her, and it turned out that she was waiting for me to call her. Anyway, she came on, and we got S.'s hair curled up to the point of walking out the door to leave. Everyone was loaded in the car, and I was darting out so to not make us late. I slid my shoes on, and we were on our way. Whew!! I can now relax, and take pictures at the wedding, which is what my sister-in-law had asked me to do. Anybody that knows me knows that I absolutely LOVE taking photos, and with having a ring bearer and a flower girl in the wedding, I envisioned these wonderful photo op's.

Thirty minutes later we arrived at the church, and everybody hopped out of the van. I stepped out, and for some reason looked down, and this is what I saw...

The tears started coming to my eyes, because I knew there was no way I could make it home (we live 30 minutes away) to get a matching pair of shoes and make it back in time to get pre-wedding photos. Carl, trying to console me, told me it was okay, and just run to town and buy a pair of shoes. I didn't want to do that, but given the three options, the latter sounded the best, until climbing back in the van I remembered a pair of sandal slides that I needed to return that were too small. I just couldn't miss a single picture, not for myself, but I wanted to get some good shots for my sister-in-law. It was the job she had asked me to do, and I wanted to give it my best. So, I wore these shoes... Since I've worn them now, I can't take them back to the place I bought them.:o( Maybe I can find a new owner??

After the wedding we had just enough time to dart into town and buy a pair of flip flops...

After all was said and done, I had gone through three pairs of shoes, or four if you count the two mismatched ones. ☺

1 comment:

Unknown said...

replica handbags review also highlights that they are often made from continuous material and this is the second aspect that should be considered when you are picking out your choice. What this means therefore is that the replica bags on one side will be upside down and this is the main reason why it is ideal to check the inside to confirm this fact. If by any chance you note that this is not so, then it is ideal to reconsider buying designer replica handbags since what this portends to mean is the fact that it is a counterfeit. In addition to this, it is ideal to note that there are some dealers who are authorized to sell it and it is ideal to confirm this before actually buying designer handbags .