Thursday, February 19, 2009

Miscellaneous







These photos were made last Thursday morning (Feb. 12) after hearing the Jazz Ensemble at our local college.

I feel like I really don't have anything to post about. We've had pretty normal days since the last post, but there are some things coming up.

Saturday will be a very busy day. First of all, we have the children's Valentine's party at church. With it being after Valentine's I was able to get in on some sweeeeeeeet deals. Anybody that knows me knows I love bargains. :o)

The second thing going on Saturday is a birthday party at the same pizza/game place we were at a couple of weeks ago. This time it's for a couple of my cousin's children. Their birthdays are pretty close together, so they're having a combined party.

We are looking forward to both of these things, even though we normally do not try to plan more than one event in a day. It was just hard to decide what to toss out, so we are going to try both. We'll see how it goes. We'll probably be zapped by the end of the day.

On another note, I want to post about something my son told me tonight. He looked at me and said, "Mama, you're sacksy." (Just like that.) Needless to say, I about fell out of my chair. Not only did I think it was hilarious because he had no idea what he was talking about, but I was wondering where in the world he had heard it to bring it on just like that. Carl was in the living room folding up a large blanket, so he was able to hide his laughter and smile with no problem. Of course if we had been able to look at each other we both would have lost it. I asked no questions, trying to keep my composure, containing my laughter, and then S. said, "He got that from Madagascar 2 when Moto Moto tells Gloria that." Then to make it all worse, C. starts strutting just like Moto Moto with his belly thrown out as far as it would go, saying, "She's big. She's sexy," over and over. (And again, that's exactly what Moto Moto tells Gloria.) Oh what comedians we have in this household!!

(I don't like him saying this, but it WAS very funny - the way he said it and all. I think this is one of those times where if I say anything about what he said it will make matters worse, so I'm hoping it will just die out.)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Great family photos!
Too funny re:C's comment! You never know what kids will hear and remember, do you?