Monday, March 30, 2009

A Sweet Surprise



The flowers concerned me tonight. There was about 4 or 5 things that we needed from Wal-Mart. We were already in town, and it was late due to C.'s practice and eating supper. The plan was that I would be the only one to go in to save time. I wasn't in there but about 5 minutes; I grabbed the items we needed and headed to the checkout. I was surprised as I approached the checkout line that my husband and two children were checking out with something, too. I didn't know what had brought them in, but S. ran up to me and said, "Daddy bought you flowers!" I said to him, "I was only in here for 5 minutes. What could you have possibly done within that time??" To which he responded, "I'll tell you later." Okay, this really concerned me, because he normally doesn't just buy me flowers. I told the cashier that maybe they weren't for me. I'm still clueless.......... We get out to the truck, and my curiosity had the best of me. I had to know what was going on. He started to say, "At about 6:30 PM this very night, 18 years ago...," and it dawned on me as I thought of the date, March 30. "I put a ring on your finger and asked you to marry me." Wow! I hadn't thought anything about it, and I don't think we've ever celebrated this day, but today he chose to do something special. He's a great and thoughtful husband, and I'm glad I said, "YES!!!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Variety is the spice of life, and the replica handbags definitely preys off of this fact. louis vuitton is incredibly durable and a great fashion statement to make at the same time as well. Everyone wants something that draws attention to their louis vuitton handbags . If you have ever been through a bag exchange at the airport this can be extremely frustrating especially when all the bags look exactly the same; traveling with a louis vuitton bags will assure that your luggage stands out from all the rest, you can be in and out of the airport in no time at all.