Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pastor Appreciation Day



This past Sunday, October 26 was Pastor Appreciation Day at our church. Although we appreciate him, it was a sad time for all of us. It was he and his family's last day with us, as they have been called to another church. I knew it would be sad, but I didn't realize how hard it would be later on. Even now as I type this, my eyes are swelling up with tears. It's hard when you become close to someone and then something seperates you. Even though it was for a good reason and yes, they are only a couple of hours away, I can't touch them or see them at least 3 times a week. :o) Their absence is like a hole. It's hard to get used to.

Another reason, you see is that our pastor's wife and I are cousins. In our much younger days we spent a good bit of time together. We married and had families of our own and became a little disconnected. We didn't see each other or even talk to each other much, but a little over 7 years ago, we were called to this church for my husband to be the music minister. We connected again. Then there weren't too many young couples there, so we became close again, sharing in common interests, miracle births, baptism, and raising children. She has been a great encouragement to me over these last several years, and I know that she will be an encouragement to some other ladies as she makes friends in her new church. :o)

I think this is one of the parts that "scares" me the most with ministry - making friends, and God leading you on to another place. I pray that when that time comes for my husband and I, God will use people to encourage us as we take that "Leap of Faith." :o)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

A bittersweet day for all of us here, too. I can't tell you how shocked I was to get on your blog and see those photos at the top! LOL!
We love y'all and miss you but we'll still be in touch via email, phone, blogs, and visits.
Enjoy National Pizza Month (and thanks for commenting on my blog--nobody else does).
Love ya, cuz!

Unknown said...

As in the tremendous anticipate Hogan scarpe 2010 laser aegis attribute blush white, but seems to be common. This is a actual accepted appearance appropriate auction of a absolutely new, Hogan scarpe donna for summer Single will exist able find every class of hogan donna on internet, The soft upper portion of Hogan scarpe uomo would offer defense for foot and outsole avoids slipping.