Monday, January 19, 2009

Also Hoping For Snow

Oh, the mention of the word "snow" excites me. It always has. When I taught in the public school, just the mention of that word would cause me to run back and forth from window to window just in case it was snowing in the front yard and not in the back yard. :o) Things haven't changed. I still do that, and now I have two snow hounds in training. They get ALMOST as excited as me.

One of my childhood memories growing up was one time my dad came and woke me up about 3 or 4 in the morning just to tell me it was snowing. We turned on the back floodlights, stood in the bathroom, and watched the flakes coming down. It was so beautiful!!!!

I hope we will see some of this absolutely beautiful stuff that God created tonight or tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

We got a dusting of snow and are hoping for a little more (it really doesn't even cover all the grass right now). Nevertheless, we'll bundle up and try to enjoy what we've got!
Did y'all get any?