Friday, December 26, 2008

Has It Been 16 Years Already???

You're getting a treat - 2 posts in one day.

16 years ago today, I hobbled down the aisle to marry my best friend. (I had just had the Bledsoe brace removed that went from my hip to my ankle, because I had broken my knee cap.) In one way it seems like it should be less years, and in another way, it seems as though I've been married to him forever. We have grown together over the years, with our ups and downs, good times and bad. We are stronger than what we used to be when we first started out. Isn't that what marriage is about? I consider him to be my companion and my best friend. God brought us together, and God keeps us together.

Thank you, Carl, for 16 wonderful years and many more to come!!!!! I love you!!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Congrats! I'm glad y'all had a good Christmas and anniversary. Any exciting New Year plans?
Oh...I saw the Mario Kart and I've got 3 words for you...Bring. It. On.

Jan and Miekie said...

Congratulations! Marriage does get better all the time: we've been married 33 years - the last 16 years were better than the first 16 years (and they were very good...) I pray it will be like that for you too.