Wednesday, December 31, 2008

WE INTERRUPT THIS BLOG FOR AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT


I thought I was finished posting for tonight, but what to my wandering eyes should appear, not one, not two, but 13 blue lights very near.

We were looking out our window, looking for the fireworks we heard, and that's when we saw them - not one, not two, but 13 blue lights holding up traffic. We stepped out onto the balcony to try to figure out what was going on. I guess if nothing else, it was a nice way to get to know our neighbors, because our neighbors to the right and to the left of us, and directly above us were on their balcony, too, asking us if we knew what was happening. When curiousity had the best of us, Carl went in to call the front desk. It turned out that they were setting up a sobriety check point. We heard that there was supposed to be 100,000 people in our neighboring town to ring in the new year (I guess that's the party we're missing. :o) ) Well, I just hope things remain calm and peaceful tonight since the checkpoint is right in our backyard.

No comments: