Monday, December 29, 2008

Waiting and Waiting and Waiting....





We are back in the mountains and spent most of the day at Dollywood. It was a nice, beautiful day, but boy when the temp drops, it gets cold in dem dar hills. I didn't take many photos today, but my daughter took several, including me in the red car. We waited in line to ride those cars about 45 min, and then we went to ride the Polar Express 4D experience. Betcha can't guess how long we waited for that ride. It was a whopping 2 1/2 hours. We've never had to wait in a line for anything that long!!! Are we spoiled or what??? Those were the only 2 things we were able to do today. We had lunch at Cracker Barrell, and left Dollywood after the Polar Express to dine at Red Lobster for supper. Thank goodness for gift cards!!!! :o)

Dollywood is not open for New Year's Eve, and I left my sparkling grape juice at home, so I have no clue what we'll be doing. I guess we could drive around until we found a celebration so big that nobody would notice us crashing their party. :o) What about the rest of you? What are your plans? I would love to hear about them.

2 comments:

Jan and Miekie said...

What is Dollywood? We could do with some of your cold - it is quite hot here, but there are dark clouds and I hear thunder, so maybe we'll get some rain and it will cool off. We are back at home and preparing for a special event tomorrow evening.

all4memories said...

Dollywood is a family oriented theme park. It's similar to Six Flags or Carowinds, but is more family focused. They have shows and rides that are all included in the ticket price. It's a lot of fun. Dolly Partin owns the park, thus the name Dollywood. :o)